- Waterproofing agent for fabrics.
- A lubricant in pencils and crayons.
- The concrete industry uses calcium stearate for efflorescence control of cementitious products used in the production of concrete masonry units i.e. paver and block, as well as waterproofing.
- In paper production, Calcium Stearate is used as a lubricant to provide good gloss, preventing dusting and fold cracking in paper and paperboard making.
- In plastics, it can act as an acid scavenger or neutralizer at concentrations up to 1000ppm, a lubricant and a release agent. It may be used in plastic colorant concentrates to improve pigment wetting. In rigid PVC, it can accelerate fusion, improve flow, and reduce die swell.
- Applications in the personal care and pharmaceutical industry include tablet mold release, anti-tack agent, and gelling agent.
- Calcium Stearate is a component in some types of defoamers.
- Anticaking agent.
Hydrophobic agents are additives, which are used to improve the durability of building materials exposed to moisture. Incorporated in building materials for external applications, these additives protect against rain, dew, snow and fog.